Click here — help our blog grow! ❤️ Support Us ×

Breaking news, insights, and stories that matter from U.S. politics to global events and Nigerian headlines.

🏠 Home | 🇳🇬 Naija News | 🌍 Africa News | 🇺🇸 USA News | 🌐 World News | 🏛 Politics | 💼 Business | 💻 Technology | 🎬 Entertainment
DOBBLOG — David Otoki Blog: Daily news, business updates, entertainment, politics, and trending stories from the U.S., Africa, and the world.

Monday, May 18, 2026

“404 Still Missing” — Nigerian Troops Intensify Rescue Operations After Mass Abduction In Borno

“404 Still Missing” — Nigerian Troops Intensify Rescue Operations After Mass Abduction In Borno

 


The Nigerian military has intensified rescue operations following the mass abduction of hundreds of residents from Ngoshe community in Borno State.


According to the Defence Headquarters, troops under Operation Hadin Kai are currently carrying out intelligence-led operations across the Gwoza and Mandara Mountains areas in an effort to rescue the remaining captives.


Director of Defence Media Operations, Michael Onoja, said the military remained deeply concerned about the fate of those abducted and was closely monitoring all developments linked to the attack.


Military Confirms Ongoing Rescue Efforts


Onoja revealed that security forces had already rescued some victims during recent military pressure operations, while efforts were still ongoing to recover others who remain in captivity.


“The Armed Forces of Nigeria, through Operation Hadin Kai, remains deeply concerned about the plight of abducted residents from Ngoshe community,” he stated.


He added that troops had intensified:

Surveillance operations

Patrols

Intelligence gathering

Offensive attacks on terrorist hideouts


to weaken the insurgents and prevent further attacks in surrounding communities.


How The Attack Happened


Reports say insurgents attacked a military base and invaded the Ngoshe community in Gwoza Local Government Area on March 4, 2026.


During the attack, several people were reportedly killed while about 416 residents mostly women and children were abducted by the terrorists.


Weeks later, the insurgents released a disturbing video demanding a ₦5 billion ransom and threatening to kill the captives if the money was not paid within 72 hours.


Between April 22 and 23, about 12 captives reportedly escaped during military operations, reducing the number of people still held to 404.


However, fresh fears emerged last week after another video allegedly showed the execution of five male captives who had earlier attempted to escape.


Troops Strengthen Security Presence


The Defence Headquarters said troops had now increased their presence across the affected region to stop any possible repeat of the attack.


According to the military, security agencies are also working closely with local communities and other stakeholders to improve intelligence gathering and early warning systems.


The military assured Nigerians that troops remain committed to denying terrorists freedom of movement and protecting civilians across the North-East region.


The latest incident once again highlights the ongoing security challenges facing communities in parts of Northern Nigeria despite years of military operations against insurgent groups.


ALSO READ: 17 Police Officers Killed As Terrorists Attack Army Training School In Yobe


Disclaimer: This article may include both verified news and opinion commentary. While we strive for accuracy, readers are encouraged to confirm information through multiple reliable sources before making decisions based on the content.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation by leaving a comment below. Keep it respectful, relevant, and on-topic - we love hearing from our readers!

Pages

Dobblog

Best Free and Premium Blogger Templates Provider.

Buy This Template
Mastodon